Saturday, July 19, 2008

The end of my alone time

For the past week and a half my roommate has been on vacation in Ireland. Tomorrow she comes back. It was nice to come home to an empty condo and do whatever I want. Like leave my tea cup out overnight, or watch TV all day or not shut the bathroom door. I could make a meal and not clean up right away and I could turn off the AC when it didn't need to be on. Well I guess I could do all these things anyway but it's nice just to be lazy once in a while.

Yesterday, for example, was a great day to be lazy. I also had the day off work. I got my oil changed at the mini dealership, got my emissions tested and by noon I was home and bored. So I started reading a book my roommate suggested, "The Monster of Florence." I knew this might happen but I just had to finish the book as soon as I got into it. I did break to try to get freelance work done but each attempt was unsuccessful. I don't remember if I ate lunch or dinner, but by 8:30pm I had finished. And I was literally disturbed by the true story. I was alone fearing a serial killer about the condo so I had a beer which somewhat put me to sleep.

So I wil be glad when my roommate comes home. At least there will be someone to hear me scream for help.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Who is the author of that book? When are you & Mike coming to Shawano?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Author is Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi. Mike and I are looking at open August weekends with Danielle and Brandon. Any weekend better than the other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:23 AM

    My alone time is nearing an end too.

    ReplyDelete