Monday, March 16, 2009

Productivity

It's warmer outside, the snow has melted, the stock market is going up, girl scout cookies have arrived and I no longer have a cold. It's a very good start to the week. I have also been keeping a couple of my new years resolutions, to stay on top of my freelance work and to work on designing new bags.

I've been able to tackle and turnaround freelance projects much faster and get paid quicker. It's a good situation because my clients are happy and I am turn in happy. Before I had so much freelance I wasn't able to get to it when I needed to and projects could go on for months. Many of my clients are non-profits who don't have big budgets for web design or print design so I work within their budget, but the other day a client mentioned I should charge more for my work. I have to say that felt really good hearing that.

Since beginning of February I have been indulging in my other love, recycling. I have so much donated fabric in my Wauwatosa basement and in my West Bend sewing room that it seriously needs to go somewhere. It has been a kick in the pants to start working on some newly design handbags. After experimenting with zippers, rivets and pockets I've put together a few samples. The response from my purse loving friends has been exciting. Right now I'm currently working on very small purses or wristlets and a larger clutch version. Now I just have find a zipper supplier and fix one of my sewing machines and then I'll be sewing sewing sewing....with some freelance mixed in.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    So good to hear you happy again. Have a great trip to the Philipines. We are off to Florida tomorrow for 2 weeks. Clue us in on all the news from the Islands when you get back.

    ReplyDelete