Sunday, January 08, 2006

24 in 06

Happy new year and happy birthday to me!

A few things already learned
1. Don't fall off your barstool or you will be sent home
2. Replacing beer with vodka is not always a good decision
3. Buying a bed will enhance sleeping
4. Sneaking out to go dancing is always fun
5. Wearing no makeup to the Y will make you 18 again*
6. Recovery after a night a partying is painful
7. Having good friends is a blessing
8. There are fabulous people in the world who will polietly inform you that the guy you are talking to has a v.d.
9. Knowing when to cab it home is a good asset
10. Flowers brighten up not only a room but the heart.

* In order to use the adult locker room at the YMCA one has to be 18. I got aksed this morning if I was 18. I was shook up! How, after my 24th birthday do I look 17? And how was it that when I was 17 and 18 I could walk into a bar and not get carded? When one is under 21 we strive to look older, but when does it happen that we want to look younger - is it starting now? How will I ever find a guy if I look 17?

No comments:

Post a Comment