Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Island



Friday Island: After stepping outside the 10 bus the sky is now black and the wind has a bite. All I want to do is make it inside without slipping on the sidewalk. I do and now all I care about is making a butt imprint in a chair. I don’t want to call to find out what anyone is doing tonight. It is too cold to put on the cute shoes and play paddy cake in the bars. I am my own island. I can watch Law and Order if I want to.

Saturday Afternoon Island: Upon much joking and signing of the catchy 7-mile fair commercial, my boyfriend takes the off ramp to bargains. If you were alone on an island what would you take with you? The Chinese man standing behind his swords would also take a toilet seat cover and a Prada clutch. And this was the case for most vendors in Racine. Batteries and granny panties, cell phone plates and Buddha statues, parakeets and a Steve Martin dvds… marketing gone wrong… not if the price is right. I bought myself a nice Coach bag for $55.

Saturday Night: The LoveMonkeys are in Appleton, this means road trip! Milwaukee represented with Danielle’s roomies and friends. On the side of mature were Carrie and me. We’ve grown up since last concert – we only get on stage now when asked. Then in the middle of the dance floor my sister was holding my downfall, the $3.50 Long Island Special. If it weren’t for the island I would equiped with bachelor party next to us with some napkins to keep their drool from hitting the floor.

Sunday Island: Upon waking up way to early Danielle and I wanted a head start back to Milwaukee. Our ears were still ringing and eyes half shut until we found a winter wonderland in front of Carrie’s apartment. And it began to look a lot like Christmas the closer we got to Milwaukee. We fa la la la-ed at 55 mph to West Bend. If only I had won the powerball I could have been on my way to my own snow free private island.

No comments:

Post a Comment