Monday, April 27, 2009

Revenge of the Scale

After eating the best chips and dip in Milwaukee (Cafe Lulu Chips with Blue Cheese Dip) I decided I thought I should weigh myself. I was under the impression that I was still in my early 20s where I could eat anything and not gain a pound. This year, after turning 27 I found that is just not the case. I stepped on the scale and there it landed 10 lbs over my usual weight.

Really? After eating Lulu chips - 10 lbs? I know I haven't got on the spin bike in a week, and have been eating healthy for most of my meals so really that's all it takes a couple days off the track and Lulu chips?

I was bummed the whole weekend. Sunday I had planned to go shopping but how was I suppose to fit in any pants I wanted to try on? I already can't buttom of them that I wore last summer. This was bad, I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe. So I did go shopping. I did fit in my usual size pants at the Limited. How could this be?

I stepped back on the scale Sunday night, yup still 10 lbs over. Step off. Step on. Still 10lbs over. Step off. Look down - the scale is off! Hallelujah! Relief pours over like a beer after work.

3 comments:

  1. Grandma9:35 AM

    10 pounds on you would compliment you. I would like to lose l0 pounds, but that means giving up martines, so it,s not going to happen !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about if you left the olive out? I wonder if that would help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma9:12 AM

    I never eat the olive. It,s in there for effect, so that won,t do it. Maybe hunting morels, with all that walking and bending for picking will do. Oh NO, if I find morels, that means we will be eating lots of steak & eggs, etc.

    ReplyDelete