Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Stimulating the economy

My mini cooper will turn four on July 20th. On it's third birthday I took it's for it's last free oil change under warranty. (Only needs an oil change every 13,000 miles or once every year.) I have not put any money into it besides gas until today when I took it to Urban MotorWerks an honest BMW auto on the edge of the gettho. I brought my bike so that I could bike away from the auto shop to Bayshore because they needed to check out some noises I'd been hearing.

So I biked to Bayshore, had a cup a coffee at Alterra, learned my car would have to stay overnight and I'd be stimulating the economy to the tune of $550. There goes the first installment check of my web design work. Ok that's fine I have a gift card to H&M I've been dying to use and I been on the hunt for some cute carpris that I could wear at my new job. Right at 10am I burst through the H&M doors and start shopping. I have a few outfits already drapped over my arm when all of a sudden this buzzing goes off. Oh...it's the fire alarm...no biggie... I look around and everyone is still shopping and no one is running outside and I don't smell any smoke. I just found the magenta miniskirt in my size. The skirt I've been looking for! I'm so happy!

A store clerk comes up to me, who I think might help me put my clothes into a dressing room. No? She does some hand motion to the door. I have to exit the store? I have to leave my new outfits behind? There is actually a fire? I waited about 50 seconds before huffing and heading to a different store. Twenty minuetes later people are still standing outside and there are two firetrucks and no hot firemen to admire. I will not be buying any new fun clothes.

I hop on my bike, car-less for the next 24 hours. Get on lake drive and bike down to Mike's office downtown.

Crossed off my list:
bike ride
get my car fixed
finish shopaholic and baby book
watch 5 minutes of Michael Jackson tribute

1 comment:

  1. Grandma8:55 AM

    Sometimes VACATION isn,t all it,s crecked up to be. Hang in There.

    ReplyDelete