Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Weekend Update: Going to the Chapel






Part I: Dad & Terri’s Wedding
1. The day started smoothly - got my nails done, hair-did, make up set. While lounging around eating my only breakfast/lunch banana strawberry yogurt drama in the bathroom erupted. No bobby pins. So I dropped my yogurt raced to Walmart ( hair up, make up done) screamed at the women in blue to point me to the bobby pin aisle. I made it round trip in 12 minutes.
2. Felt real pretty once getting my dress on.
3. Watched Dad and Terri get married outside on Pier Wisconsin, besides the man from the boat yelling "Don’t do it!" it was very nice.
4. Slammed 3 glasses of bubbly thus beginning the open-open-wide-open bar.
5. I now have a few prospects to enter in the reality show, "So you think you can dance?"
6. Was reassured that my bF was not only hot - but "fucking hot".
7. Did you know you don’t get a special prize after signing the marriage license as a witness?
8. The only danced I dance with a boy was my new younger brother. Well half of it because his friend called my friend loose and we had to depart immediately.
9. Went to Hi Hat - I miss the open bar.
10. Saturday morning: My whole body aches. Walking ½ mile to the knick for breakfast took me a half hour.


Part II: Fritz and Danielle’s Wedding
1. Recovered from Friday’s hangover exactly when fresh beer slid down the throat.
2. Found some old college classmates who thought I was married. HA!
3. It’s always a good time when Chris breaks out the couch dance. (This time it’s not a crappy couch in someone’s house but a lone couch with nothing but dance floor).
4. After the reception, proceed downtown to which we got lost and went into a gay bar.
5. So after everyone freaked out and left. I still had my beer and decided to make the most of it.
A. First, they play really great music.
B. Second, there are no guys to hit on me - which is a good thing
c. Third, at a gay bar girls will hit on you instead.
6. Found the bar we were supposed to be at which we took over the gigantic suffle-puck board.
7. Had an after-bar back in our hotel room.
A. Woke up more than enough people to join us.
b. My male friends are nuts and gay and I never want to see three grown men in a bath together again. Or two for that matter.
8. Woke up to a pretzel covered floor. Seriously.
9. Rounded up who ever was awake at noon to get some greasy breakfast.
10. It’s very strange to see two people whom I knew each before they met. Congrats!
Part:III: Recovery
Monday morning I was wedding out, sober and ready to do it all over again.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Woke up sober after the wedding, but wished we could have stayed up later to see all the fun. Getting old has its dissapointments. Grandpa was in a 3 car accident on Monday. He was coming off the off ramp onto Paradise, when a gal in a pickup ran a red light, hit Grandpa, who hit the car next to him. Nobody was hurt, except the cars, Grandpa,s front end pretty bad, can,t drive it, but the gal in the pickup, who got a citation, also spun out and knocked down a street light which blocked traffic on Paradise and was a mess. Grandpa is heading for Florida on Friday, staying until Sunday and if you watch the weather channel, there is a tropical storm, may soon become a hurricane and possibly may hit Florida. He always said he wanted to be in a hurricane and maybe now he will get his wish. I hope NOT. Will spend the weekend at Shawano. Lots of seaweed floating in which is not much fun. Hired 2 yard boys last Sunday for 2 l/2 hours to pull in lots. Dave & Kris and Kris,s family will be there from Thursday to Sunday, so will have lots of help if need be. You sure looked pretty in your green dress. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:57 PM

    I indeed enjoyed the open bar at Pier WI-but who doesn't carry the bride's drink of choice-Bacardi Limon?! So after giving the bartender Kevin, yes we are on a first name basis, a hard time...every time I came to the bar for a drink he squeezed the juice of a few lemons in my drink to make up for the non Limon Bacardi. It's funny drinking with family because then all the questions about my love life, this and that, come out...I like it!

    ReplyDelete