Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Feels like a Monday




It feels like a Monday. It was nonstop work today from 7:30-5 sans my 10 minutes emailing the girls about our Thursday Bob Seger adventure while shoving noodles in my mouth. But now I’m home and before I head off to upholstery I wanted to say that I had a great weekend. Friday night had dinner at CafĂ© Lulu in Bayview, then off to play pool at a pool hall in southside, Milwaukee. Thinking I had my fill of the southside – Sara and I headed back on Saturday to the budget cinema and watched a very stupid movie – but it was better than the basic channel tv movies. Later that night – when I wanted to call it quits from formatting this 100+ page manual and hit my bed Sara called, as planned.

Sara and I haven’t had an unplanned night out in the longest time and every single time it is unplanned it exceeds all expectations. Plus the both of us hadn’t had a night out together since Carrie came down we tap danced with 14 year old boys. So we started out at the Twisted Fork hoping to be served by the best bartender in town. He wasn’t there but this couple in their late 30’s provided great people watching. According to our instincts – this man and woman are on their second date. They were sharing a cosmo, which rarely takes place between those in a serious relationship. The man had his feet propped up on her seat, head titled back, crotch very visible to her eyes. It was like he was saying “Are you drunk enough, come back to my place, did I mention I have a Picasso?” She maintained eye contact, so she was into him but her back was tight and she was questioning if this guy is the guy for her. After ordering another martini we couldn’t take watching this four-play so we headed to Vittuci’s.

Vittuci’s was the same as always – just younger. A group of guys who we deemed college players turned out to be intellectual, serious and conservative UWM alumns.
Sara developed a small crush on the blond curly haired guy who is a teacher for inner city mentally handicapped kids. Ouuuuuu…..

Then the best part of every night is ending it at Jo Cats. We met up with another group of girls and rocked the dance floor Latino style. When we were all hot and sweaty it felt really good to walk out the door and let the cold neutralize the body. It was a good night. I couldn’t feel the cold air not because I was intoxicated, but because I was happy and full of energy. I work very hard and it’s hard to let loose but somedays you just deserve it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Sounds like a fun weekend. We are having Thanksgiving here starting at ll:oo, eating at l2:30 if you are in town and want to come, also Danielle, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    On Thanksgiving day? If so, we're leaving for California...if not on Thanksgiving day, we're having ours this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like having the tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving in a different state. Although I will miss the cheesy potatoes.

    ReplyDelete