Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Weekend Report: Thanksgiving in Cali


The extended weekend included a family outing to one of my favorite destinations, California. Rather than stay someplace we have already we decided Laguna Beach would be fun and entertaining. If I was 40 something, married to a venture capitalist yeah I might like botox Mondays and buying my spoiled brats a lotus for Christmas. But as you all know I am a bit more grounded than that. However, I do miss breakfast on the patio overlooking the ocean.

The last day was spent enjoying Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Soon I felt more at ease with the street performers and the bum eating the leftovers of my salad. There’s nothing pretentious about it. The bum isn’t fake, the woman strumming her guitar isn’t fake and certainly the man covered in silver isn’t fake. You could go up to each of the them and have a normal conversation – one that doesn’t include a brokerage account or jimmy choo shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    We heard that you and Anthony are coming to Florida for New Years Eve. Judy & Bob are leaving Dec. 29th. What dates will you be there and as Anthony won,t fly (what a bummer, he doesn,t know how great it is) would you like to drive my car down, leave it there and bring the Mercury back that is in the garage???

    ReplyDelete