Thursday, December 11, 2008

Give me a straight answer

At work I deal with all types of people. Nice people, demanding people, controlling people, crazy fun people. The past couple weeks I've dealt with them all more so than before. Today was the first day in a really long time that if the person on the other side of the telephone was standing in front of me I would have mustered up all my frustration and punched them.

You see this person on the other side of the phone is not the person you can get a straight answer from when you ask her a general question. And if it's a billable question, this person wants it in writing. But when asked a very general question she will not answer it. Not at all. And when the process is not followed to a T but made efficient for a brief moment in time, who gets a lecture? I do.

If I'm not an alcoholic by 2009 I'd be surprised.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Thank heavens you have a nice shoulder to cry on when you get home. Hang in there, things will get better. The days start to get longer after the 2lst and all that sunshine makes a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Never argue with a crazy person, you'll never win and you'll become crazy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Rise above!

    ReplyDelete