Monday, July 26, 2010

A week of pain brings out my inner 23 yr old.


Feeling helpless as been the emotion of the week. With the basement flooding twice and my workspace is no longer functional, how could the weekend get any worse. Ah yeah that sneaky fire hydrant that I happen to back into on a way to a bachelorette party. I couldn’t suck up $9 to pay to park since it should go to repairing the basement. Lesson Learned: fork over the cash and save on repairs and tears.

Didn’t make it to the first part of the party since I went home and cried. After my eyes stopped hurting and my taste for a cocktail grew high, I put on a sassy green dress and strutted into Whisky Bar for the night portion of the party. Recovery was easy after that first sip and a table full of girlfriends.

Throughout the night we encountered Northwestern Mutal’s many employees in Milwaukee for their annual conference, other bachelor parties and the regular Water Streeters out for a good time.

My engagement ring must have been uber shiny as guys took my left hand to confirm my ring finger bling and shot me those puppy dog eyes. However it didn’t stop some from throwing drinks my way, spinning me on the dance floor or stopping me in the street. New this year was the petting of the hair. I don't understand it but I could feel multiple people petting my locks. I don’t think I had that much attention in one night when I was 23, but it’s nice to know that I still got it – even at age 28.

Sunday kicked me back into reality with little sleep and a two-hour church service (which I haven’t attended a regular mass in 9 years) and Mike’s niece asking me when a baby is going to come out of my tummy. 

1 comment:

  1. Grandma12:09 PM

    Don,t envy you the basement mess. We are slowly improving. Nancy is a big help.

    ReplyDelete