Thursday, April 14, 2005

Playing cards with George W

Yesterday my friends parents came for the night. Their dad, I wasn't going to say this to him because I think it is an insult but he ended up saying, " People say I look like George Bush." Well from the eyes up - yes. It was an Australian George W and we played cards.

My friend Miss Sara would absolutely love the news over here, they depict Bush to be a complete fool. Not only do Australians think this way but every single god damn other country thinks this - it is fantastic! Not for republics (Sorry Johnsons) Here we get most of television programming from England and other news stories from the Eastern countries. It is all very interesting and you really get a sense for how they view America. It's no wonder they hate America. People think America is stupid for re-electing Bush. (cough cough). We I said I was going to leave the country for 4 years if Bush was re-elected. Well I got my chance. I was asked to stay. I just have to get married, which I will have to find someone at the pub I suppose and earn my green card. Well 10% is true. I did get asked to stay and work part time doing design work. Very tempting - really. If there was a maybe a 4 story building, a dance club that makes cosmos (or a dance club), and a movie theater I would have said yes. But I will come home I don't like to admit it. I don't think I told you about the guy who rides his horse to town. He prances in on the main road, docks his horse across the street and strolls into the pub for a few. My favorite drink here is called a shandy - beer and lemonade.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Beer and lemonade? That sounds abolutely disgusting! I dare you to try to order that on Water St. when you get back to Bushland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:02 PM

    I double dare you : ) But why Water Street? Can't it be somewhere classy like Bobeo's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 PM

    I would be up for that, although, Bob E O's is not what it used to be. (or at least that is what I here). Gina, I love reading your page. What is the take on the new Pope in the land down under? I loved your story about the importance of a single rose, your mother was very insightful. I would have to agree with her. Rumer has it you are coming back to the states soon? Take care and enjoy the rest of your time there, Molly

    ReplyDelete