Monday, April 11, 2005

Rainforest hike

I went for a day hike in the Rainforest which is about 30 min. away. The first trail had lots of leeches that would jump onto your shoe, crawl over your sock and start feeding away. Luckily I was able to flick them away but some other people had leeches real bad. When they took their socks off and flicked away the now huge leeches their feet may have looked like Jesus' because they bleed for the rest of the day. but here is a beautiful picture of a waterfall and a animal which I already forgot the name. I saw 3 wallabies and am bringing one back for Katie's birthday. You think your cats will get along with it? I named it Jumpy already so no need to think about a name. I can bring back some worm-like lizards if anyone else wants? Any takers?





p.s. The Boss is coming. The Boss is coming. Someone buy all the tickets so it will be just me and the Boss and then Bruce will realize who is his one and only number 1 fan!

cheers.

gina

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:17 AM

    That isn't an animal, that is a CREATURE!! Good God.

    I still want Nigel though.

    Even if you don't get that many replies, I LOVE reading your running commentary & I bet a lot of others do too. Keep the stories coming & always more pics!

    Don't try putting the wallaby in your luggage--he'll jump around too much & they'll think he's a bomb. Maybe drug him to keep him sleeping & bundle him up so they'll think he's your baby & you can just hold him on your lap during the flight......

    ---deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:26 PM

    OR just leave the wallabys in Australia where they belong... My cats are afraid of their own shadows, I don't think they would take kindly to a wallaby!

    ReplyDelete