Monday, July 18, 2005

Dreams be Dreams

It was one of those platonic "Before Sunset / After Sunset" * questioning that I just can't shake off. If you know you're in a dream, can you control your dream? For example - if there is a variable in your dream that you know only resides in your dream and you see it in your dream then you can understand that you are in a dream and can do whatever you want. If you know you are flying, do keep practice flying or stop and walk away. I'd keep on flying. If you know you've just done a really bad thing that will change your life forever do you wake up? Is there a recurring theme that occurs in your dream that you'll be able to recognize next time you're in that place?

I don't think I've ever been able to control variables while in a dream but I've been able to go to bed thinking about something or someone and have dreams around that subject. Sometimes it gets on the neurotic side when all you want to do is go back to your dream and live in your dream rather than reality. I'll admit I've done it because fantasy was much better than reality at the time. When reality hit it really sucked. I wouldn't recommend doing it again. At the current stage I haven't gone to bed controlling what I will think about and now I've ended up having dreams that I've gone mad with a chainsaw - (I was trying to save myself from evil) and I was rapping with Jay-Z ** a different night. Two completely different feelings and environments. So next time your in dream try to control it see what happens. Or try to think about what you WANT to dream about and see what happens them. Maybe I'll let the Boss*** put me to sleep and see if I can't get an all night concert!




* "Before Sunset" "After Sunset" movies to watch repeatedly. I have 2 guy friends that have seen it 5 times more than me. Names not to be released
**For those above 40, Jay-Z is a hip-hop artist
*** I'd rather not associate for those who don't know this reference.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Okay, I take offense to that....I am 42 and I know who Jay-Z is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Somewhere in between together, its always better when we're together, mmm hmmm mmm mm. Our dreams, and they are made out of real things, like a shoe box of photographs (in your case the boss or Jay-Z)........... And all of these moments just might find their way into my dreams tonight.........but if all of these dreams might find their way into my day to day scene, I'd be under the impression I was somewhere in between

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just because your a cool 42 with 22 year old music tasic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B- you'll have to sign that to me, R & B style, while driving to a fishing hole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:56 AM

    That can be arranged, when are we going fishing again?

    ReplyDelete