Thursday, March 02, 2006

Day Four: No Money or ID

I was going to call this Day Four: Marriage proposal but the no money and no id kinda takes the cake. So come time to leave the bar (after taking shots of dirty girl scouts) I saw goodbye to my new friends and stumble into a cab. Next thing I know it's 8am and I haven't changed clothes. So I do my usual check of things. Laptop check, room key check, purse - hmmmmm...Where is my purse?

How does this work? I have no cash besides the $9 I found in my back pocket, no standard ID and no cellphone. Did I drop it, Did I leave it in the cab, Did someone steal it? Ugh - so many questions. I'm very good about not freaking out so I didn't - It's just things and I guess if worse comes to worse I could get some Mircrosoft guy to marry me and give me an allowance every week.

So I spent the day at the conference - which this day was quiet excellent in terms of speakers. The flash film festival took place at night and was an enjoyment. In the meantime I spent too much time getting faxed copies of my ID and collecting cash from Western Union. It was on my way to Western Union that I got the line "Hey gorgeous will you marry me?"
The sun was setting, it was romantic except that I've never met the guy and he had a voice box from smoking to much. My first marriage proposal I had to turn down. I hope it doesn't bring bad karma.

Yes so after chatting to Lynda of Lynda.com I headed back to the hostel to grab my suitcase and take a stab at getting through airport security. As soon as I walk in the people behind the desk look like they have seen a ghost. Guess what they have. Yes my purse. Second floor women's bathroom had my purse. At least I was a semi-smart drinker and didn't leave it in the cab. Me and my purse frolliced to the airport.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Grandma - good to see you online!!!!

    ReplyDelete