Monday, June 19, 2006

The Weekend Update: Vacation

After a stressful week of work I went on a weekend vacation with the boyfriend.

1. Danced around the office with a large scale cutout of a panther cartoon character designed by me!
2. Headed up to Shawano. Grandma said "She would be on her best behavior" when meeting my man - and she was.
3. Learned that there are some crystal skulls floating around latin america that supposedly hold a bunch of information in. Like a computer. If I come across one I'll plug my firewire cable in and see what happens.
4. Woke up early and headed to Door County.
5. Toured Door Peninsula Winery where the samples where endless. Toured Orchard Winery where the pours where too small. Toured Stone Creek Winery where I was in desperate need of a nap.
6. Went to one of those "Small Town Art Fairs" where it should be titled - "Stuff for your dog, swimsuits for your Aunt still in the 80's and things to put under your glass.
7. Had a stellar dinner followed by Door Peninsula Blackberry Wine on the porch of our hotel. I may have walked into the screen door
8. Found another good winery - Von Stiel in Algoma. There pours started with a half glass for tasting. How could you not love this place. Plus they make the wine covered chocolates! Carrie make note!
9. Sadly headed back to Milwaukee, but was delighted that I was able to spend the entire with weekend with a man I adore.
10. Watched Old Boy - a Korean flick - very disturbing which left me perturbed for a couple hours.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I found a black t-Shirt with the numbers 33 on it in back of a towel in the bathroom. Brought it home, washed it and I believe it is Anthonys. Will bring it to the shower on Sat. We do approve of your new guy. You may bring him again. Too bad about the hamburger!! Glad you enjoyed Door Co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like him - I'm happy the hamburger was dropped- that's just to much floor action for one burger.

    ReplyDelete