Monday, July 23, 2007

Long Weekend

I am very glad that I have mondays off. It turns into my sunday.

Saturday again was the market. I didn't sell as many as hoped, but the word it getting out and people that cannot make it are asking for website to look at the bags. Maybe it will be up next week...or perhaps winter...depending on how much free time I can swing to complete it. After seven hours of the market (and a strong mimosa from the Wicked Hop) I headed back home, packed up my car again for a work picnic I was co-hosting at lake park. As soon as the food was set up and the beer was in the cooler, friends and co-workers were coming by the dozen. It was a perfect day to be outside grilling out and sipping cocktails.

After a couple hours there I had to head back home for a catnap before I slipped into my little red skirt for a posh birthday party. It was interesting, I was warmly welcomed by a group of girls who I could have prejudged as snobby and uninteresting. They were kind and sincere - it was a breath of fresh air to become friends with a new group of people who you just fit into. It felt good and I was happy. and the raspberry martini at Stir helped too.

No comments:

Post a Comment