Sunday, July 08, 2007

Market Day


Yesterday was my first day at the outdoor market outside the Milwaukee Public Market. Upon encouragement from friends, family and coworkers I decided to sell my grocery bags to the public. If you haven't already come into contact with one of my bags - they are meant for grocery shopping, eliminating paper and plastic bag us. They are even made from recycled fabric - by reusing materials they are saving space in landfills and the production of more fabric. I didn't realize how much time it would take to sew on handles, build my stand and get all the odd and end stuff together. I ran on coffee in the am and endorphines in the pm. I was so excited that I didn't even care I was getting five hours of sleep. But it payed off. It feels good. Everything was strangly fitting together at the end - it was like it was meant to happen. So at the end of Saturday I sold 3 bags, traded one for jewelery but recieved enourmous positive response from the vendors, the public market and potential customers. I think they'll come back and bring their friends. It's time to change the planet!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Congratulations Gina! I think it's fabulous that you are doing this. I use my bag all the time and will definitely be buying more from you if you're selling. I get asked all the time where I got mine, now I can send them your way! Do you have a website they can order from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    Thanks so much! You and Chris should stop down sometime on a Saturday, the market is from 8am-2pm. I'd love to see you - No website as of yet, could be a good project to tackle during the winter : )

    ReplyDelete