Sunday, June 28, 2009

32 hours left of work

I'm excited to leave, sad to go, but excited for what's next. It's like getting out of a bad relationship. I'm breaking up with my employeer. Mabye it's because I've enjoyed design affairs and now how creatively juciy an end product can be, maybe it's the lack of respect, maybe it's just time to try something new.

I have 32 more hours of work left before I leave. In the past week I've sent 3 catalogs, 2 brochures and a postcard to print, spent countless hours updating the website, ate 3 lunches at my desk, went out to lunch, went to a retirement party, sat through meetings and argued about deadlines.

This 32 more hours will be very close to hell. Transitioning my projects to the two other designers will lead to many questions. Launching a new website on the first of July will probably mean driving home opening a cold bottle of beer, slamming it, and opening the next one for sipping.

My boss once told me you can never move up if someone can do your current job. So here it goes - here's to transitioning.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma9:03 AM

    Good luck in your new endevore.

    ReplyDelete