Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Days are long and the Nights are Longer

I'm getting used to working eight hour days again. The first day was painful because I didn't have my afternoon stroll in the sun and anticipation warm wine nights. I've gone back to my thermos of Alterra coffee and cuppa tea in the afternoon. Some days I think it would be good to purge myself of the evils of coffee and sugar. It starts to be a good thought well till about nine o'clock where my caffiene addiction kicks in and my herbal tea isn't doing the trick. The headache starts around 2pm and still I don't run to the coffee stand to get a latte. Well it's very painful. I may start a coffee anonymos support group. So for now a cuppa coffee in the am and uno glass of wine at night will suffice.

I went to VSVH: Volunteer Services for the Visually Handicapped dinner tonight. Why was I so concerned in how I looked when half the attendees can't see. The speeches were very moving and I'm so glad to be apart of it. It put me in a good spirit to walk home - (about 20-30 blocks). So sometimes when I'm in a good mood I sing to the songs on my ipod. I don't really know how loud I'm signing but I really don't care anyway. My friends know me for doing strange things so this isn't out of character. So I'm walking down Van Buren and this electronic song comes on and the only lyric is "Take me for a Rocket Ride" There is this huge lead up to the first time it is said so I'm very excited and just blurt it out I'm assuming quiet loud when it comes. And I know it is loud for one reason. A guy on his bike road past at the exact same time and gave me a goofy stare. I couldn't help but laugh. Something about a pedal bike doesn't scream rocket ride.

Well that's all for now. Have to rest up for some bump-set-spike action.

No comments:

Post a Comment