Sunday, May 22, 2005

my vintage hat and a night on north

Yesterday was so nice outside that I took a stroll down Brady St. I couldn't be happier with a pleasant breeze and the smells of grilling out. I kept on smiling at everyone because happiness can be infectious. So it was pleasant when I got a smile or even a "hey" back. I walked into a vintage clothing store filled with large beaded necklaces and pink furry coats. Then in the back was a hat begging to be taken home. It's just grand black with a large black ribbon and a little red feather poking out from the side. It reeks of jazz and the 1950's.

My partner in crime for the night was my good friend from Madison and we first went to Holligans for food, then the BBC for my co-worker's gig. FUZEE. Check them out next time there playing in a pub near you. After some tunes it was down to the Landmark for darts and pool. Now a fancy looking cat can be spotted fairly quickly down in the fog of the landmark so it wasn't a surprise that my hat made a name for itself in women's bathrooms and pool tables. It may be a man's trademark, that hat, but I can pop a cigar and have my brandy too. Ya dig.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Gina,

    Your stories make me smile. I wish I was on the east side smelling grill. I am so happy you are enjoying yourself. Fun to read your random thoughts too!
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly,

    We have to go see Garb aka Shag next time your in town. Just heard Ladies night in Appleton is on hold : (

    ReplyDelete