Monday, May 15, 2006

The Weekend Update: Grandma Day

I ended the weekend completing one of my new year’s resolutions. Can you guess which one?

1. Caught up with William Zabka at the Ynot II.
2. Broke down after 6 months and had a piece of meat (summer sausage) and it was good.
3. Finished upholstering my chair!
4. Took my mom’s mom and her special friend out to dinner.
5. Didn’t win the conversation that grandma’s countertops have always had a pattern in them and there was no way windex got in them.
6. Was told by a two year old that I was scared of dogs.
7. If you ask a small child what her favorite dog does, there’s a good chance she’ll lick the side of your face.
8. Drank my first martini with my dad’s mom. The first sips were sketchy but after that it was a smooth ride and I understand why she walks down the beach with them.
9. After a weekend of not parting I brought a bottle of Cedarburg wine to Sara’s house and we didn’t stop till it was finished. There was food and Sunday evening programming on as well.
10. Realized the little things make all the difference.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    I do remember your new year's resolution to have a small child lick your face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 AM

    Number 3! Am I right? Katie, having her face licked by a small child was a dream not a resolution. Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still not close! Do I have to show the video again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:18 PM

    you have video of a small child licking your face? careful gina, that might be illegal, if not, it's certainly bad taste! no pun intended... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:43 PM

    YOU ATE MEAT!?!? Thats so great! meat is yummy, mmmm hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I bet meat at Casablanca will be very good tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete