Tuesday, March 01, 2005

First Day of Fall

Yesterday was the first day of fall. It was about 80 and at night it got cooler - had to run to get a light shirt. Poor thing, I know. So my new friends took me to play "long ball" Long Ball is played at a bowling club which someone needs to be a member and show the others how to adhere to the rules. Here are some of the rules we broke - Rule 1 - A guy wore a sleeveless shirt in the club. Rule 2 - The German - (yes the friking german is still here!) He sat on the white ledge bordering the court. Rule 3 - No bringing of alcholic beverages on to the court (I did that). Well besides that they taught me how to play and ended up blowing them out of the game because I played better then them who have played for years. They have started saying - "the American wins at everything".





Well here is a pic of Nigel the lizard that lives at the hostel. I tried reading my book, Jane Eyre on the porch last Saturday when this older women (60 ish) started to talk to Nigel. Then she started to say a few words to me. Then she would talk to the lizard. And I couldn't figure out when she was talking to me or the lizard. I got in 2 pages over the course of 1.5 hours. She is talking her way up the coast right now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:22 PM

    You have me interested, that is a good start on the crocodile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM

    darling its called lawn bowls not long ball...and yes you were good!! interesting comments about the alcohol in bello...i thought you loved our wine...shame on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete