Thursday, March 31, 2005

Grandmas

So every likes my life stories of both my lovely grandma’s. The only mail I get here is from grandma in Oconomowoc, WI and there is usually an attached clipping either an Ann Lander column or an article about saving Aussies because they don’t believe in sin and how God needs to be re-institutionalized. So people know that grandma but her letters. And no one else gets mail so I share bits and pieces and it is like it is their grandma and everyone can relate. When the time is right I’ll tell stories of my Grandma Rose and her martinis plus other adventures. They especially like the comparison to martini’s and breasts. One is not enough, two is just right, and three is too many. Well grandma taught me how to make a fantastic topping for asparagus so every time I make asparagus I have to make this topping. I was helping cook the other day and was making this topping and they all looked at me like I was from Jupiter and were very afraid. I had to say, “My grandma who fancies martinis taught me how to make this.” Wow -they changed faces, smiled and gave my loving approvals. When we finally ate they were very impressed how this tasted and loved it. So thanks to my Grandma’s for life lessons and compassion. I will have a glass of wine tonight and I am told when I get back I should (or have to) enter the stage of drinking martini’s. Aren’t cosmopolitans a martini?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Hey Gina,

    I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants...I so remember the story about the martini's...you will always have great memories of both your grandma's which is very cool. I had a awesome grandma too...she loved to dance and the stories she told...sigh...hold on to them...before you know it they are gone. Sounds like you have found your way back to sunshine...glad to hear it...ter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:10 AM

    hey giner
    so you know i am so fucking jealous of the adventures you speak of and the travels that you entail. yes cosmos are martinis, and personally, 3 aint enuff, i need at least 4... well, if i ever drank em i def would get 4. so i hear aust is lovely, and to this day it is a goal to be there sometime. your gonna havta lemme know how you live so if i can scrape together enuff money to fly there i gots a place to stay ;) u know i wish you the best of luck and hope to hell that you have/get stories to come back wit. im sure ill hear em. well, its late here and just got back from axles, so ill bid you a fond, brew city farwell. have a good time gurl. ttyl... laTe.

    billy

    ReplyDelete