Friday, March 18, 2005

Sydney

Since I am a bit crazy I decided to rent a car to drive down to sydney - probably one of the worst ways to get down here. Plane - nope, Train - nope, Bus - nope. So the only instructions the rental car place gave me was to stay on the left. Well I made it down and I'm still alive. It did rain and Sara knows how much I hate driving in the rain, but I made it through. Well so being a little wacko and renting a car I booked a hostel smack dab in the middle of whore central. I am in settled on a street with 20+ strip joints and other nasty shops. I think I will start my souviner shopping here. Hmmm, whose birthday is coming up? Terri? (laughs) They only are after the guys so I am ok. I share a room with 2 girls from Denmark. I'd say about 80% of the people here are plastic. Let me get some magnification glass and some sun.

I am in Sydney because there is a design conference going on. I just got done with the first day and walked all the way down to the harbour. I think I may have done something to my foot as it has been in pain for the past week and there is a bruise I dunno where it came from. The conference is ok - lots of students and not to many professionals which I would have thought there would have been more of. I don't think I would come here again - ironic how this is the first place I wanted to come. I love and miss my little country town right now!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Gina, I just emailed your Dad and he sent me the url to your Blog. Said you would enjoy getting letters and news from friends and family back home. Last I heard you were contemplating going to College in So. Ca. Next thing I know you are in Sydney? OMG! I hope you are having the time of your life. You might be getting a little homesick with Easter holidays coming up and all. Steve and Kiersa are getting married next Friday.... on Good Friday would you believe? I said, "why Good Friday?" He said he figured he'd never forget his anniversary that way. When I reminded him that Good Friday doesn't fall on the same day every year he just looked at me with that sideways look Steve has a tendency to give. I will send him this url. I am sure he will be amused and will drop you a line as well. Well I better get back to the hustle of planning this wedding. If you can believe, Steve planned and put his wedding into place in less than 24 hours.... imagine a woman ever doing that????? Lol.... impossible. Take care of yourself and enjoy it while you can. Love and hugs.... Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betty. - Pass on my love to Steve and Kiersa. It's funny because where I am living right now in Bellingen it reminds me of the time I went to visit you. The environment is just so peaceful and relaxing and having a hard time thinking about leaving. Hope you and everyone else is well. Lots of love and good wishes!

    gina

    ReplyDelete