Tuesday, March 22, 2005

If only Australia was a man

So I have fallen in love with Australia. This happened on my car ride home. (on the left side of the road) Of course I can't seem to get my head around it walking across.

I didn’t like Sydney to begin with but the next day was bright and sunny. The previous night it took me 1 1/2 to walk home. Once when I saw no one was walking on the same streets I was I had to turn around. Me being a stubborn bastard refused to look at the map. Of course the next day walking back it only took 1/2 hour. The design conference was ok I’ve been to better. There were much more students than I had expected and met another Sagmiester fan from Adelaide. Finally someone speaks my language!

I did some walking around the city, my foot pain was gone after I returned back to Bellingen. ( That’s because everything is perfect here ) Well I got to the famous Sydney Opera house, did some wandering around the town, walked through a magnificient park where the trees where covered in lights. It reminded me of Christmas. Well I loved the scenery outside.

The inside of my hostel was quiet unique. I made friends with 2 girls from Denmark they were sweet and went to bed early. When I was watching the telly at 2 in the morning some guys came in that proved my assumptions right. They were coked out and not afraid to do more whilst people around. I woke up at 6:30 in the morning to the scent of pot. I made my way back to my car trying not to gag at the guys and girls making out on the sidewalk.

I made it out of the city perfectly. Couldn’t have asked for anything better. You know the in the states you can get away with doing about 6-7 over the speed limit. So here miles are now kilometers and I didn’t think I was going fast enough and thought 30 over would be fine since it only seemed like 10 or so in miles. Mangaged to shave an hour off my trip and wasn’t until I asked someone that you can only go 5 over. Don’t tell anyone! Thanks.

Yes the car ride home was magical. I had visions of where I was going to live and what I was going to do. I must not disclose in fear of someone stealing my ideas. But they are fantastic. I have never felt so in touch - so alive - so motivated to go and do what i want to do.

xoxox

No comments: