Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I can’t work with The Police

Yesterday was a slow day at work and found out I don’t like The Police, the band, it’s like they forced me to leave. I couldn’t work anymore. Well I ran into my friends at the hostel and they were all going to Coffs Harbour to see a movie (Ahh a movie – I haven’t seen the pictures for over 7/8 weeks and we made a friend that had a car!) So I ran back to the office asked off for the afternoon and went to Coffs. We had a mouthwatering lunch and then went to see The Ring 2. I haven’t seen the first but figured any movie was good than no movie. Well not my kind of movie. I ran across the street to the Big W 9 (similar to a Target) because I am in desperate need of Sex and the City. No dvds, all sold out. I am kicking myself for not bringing any seasons. I know when a phrase is American because I got in the car and said “ kicking myself in the ass” All of a sudden echos of that phrase were going around with lots laughing. I am picking up a bit of Aussie language and even had a dream if someone asked if I was Australia. I can’t lie that well in reality so I couldn’t even do it in my dreams. I met another American girl last night and a nice Canadian guy and went night canoeing well they were more like kayaks. I told them I knew what I was doing – I’ve never paddled before! I must have thought that lifting my dad’s kayaks out of the water rationalized me knowing what I was doing. Still haven’t been in my dad’s kayaks? (cough cough) I’m not retarted, or blond. I shared a canoe with the Canadian because I thought that was the thing to do. Turns out if you are in the back like he was and if you are in a single you just get soaked my the water coming out of the paddles. I seemed to be the only dry one. When I got back to the hostel turns out my friends had utilized happy hour at the pub and were now finishing their bottles of wine. I’m doing very good and like waking up in the morning with a clear head.
And a sidenote to my delay in posts is because I am frankly holding out on you guys. If no one posts I am renaming it Letters to Dad from Gina.

No comments:

Post a Comment