Monday, March 14, 2005

ve are vrom swizterland

Had a blast in Brisbane this past weekend - 7 hour greyhound ride there and back. So glad to be in a city where there are buildings more than 3 stories high. Right now Brisbane is building the world's tallest residential tower. That is until Syndey will beat it a month later.

I met up with another intern who is from California and she showed me a good time in Brisbane. Went to lots of different clubs and they all had a great atmosphere and great music - I prolli went to more clubs here that beat out anyones I went to elsewhere. The guys have this eurostyle haircut where it is cool to have a mullet started or even a rat tail. Gross. Finally had a miller geniune draft - that was heaven - good $7 spent. So everyone would ask us where we were from and sooner than later we got sick of saying we were American (hence reasons discussed in previous post) that we began disguising ourselves as swiss girls - da da - ve backpack - arrive 2 day ago - go to sydney soon - da da. My friend Sara will love this because she knows I do a horrible accents. But no one ever knew because they were so wasted anyway they were just happy to meet 2 girls vrom switzerland.

So Brisbane was fun - we didn't just go to clubs all weekend - but got to see the city - walked around the whole darn thing - I finally bought a disposable camera to take better pics. So I will post those once they are developed. The city was a cross between Florida's South Beach and LA. I would go back again but prolli never live there - although it was voted one of the best places to live in the world

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:33 AM

    Oh gina - you're so lovely. Looks like your having such a fantastic time. I love reading your posts! Can't wait till the next one.

    ReplyDelete